Together: We Learn, Grow and Succeed
Kia aho tahi tātou, kia tipu tahi tātou, kia puāwai tahi tātou
Tuakau Primary School is situated in the heart of rapidly growing Tuakau. It has a long and proud history, with the very first school being opened in 1870, on River Rd.
It remained there until 1922, when it was moved to its present site on the corner of School Road and Buckland Road.
Our most famous pupil is Sir Edmund Hillary who honoured us by opening the Administration block in 2004.
Today, Tuakau Primary School has a roll of approximately 200 pupils. We currently have 9 classrooms, 2 of which
make up our bilingual unit, Whare Manaaki.
Our School Today: